Wellness is the state of being in good health, especially as an actively pursued goal.
This journey is a personal one. I was unwell for a very long time. I had to stop following my dreams for the future. I could no longer be a happy snapping photographer. I would cry at the weddings and mist up all my equipment!
I became well not only because I willed it but because I pulled myself out of the past and started living in the now. I started a bookclub support group as I wanted to help people like me, yet not announce to the world that I needed support. Sometimes we just need to make a few changes and create new and better goals.
Routine is huge - when we do something enough times it becomes a ritual. Our emotions, tides and cycles are effected by exposure to light. I have been using light therapy for the last 12 months. I have tied it in with my morning and evening meditation.
Here's an example ritual for Tuesday:
- 6.30 - alarm = chakra frequency Sacral turn on UV light
- 6.40 - prepare Ginseng Tea / smoothie / OJ / washing on
- 7:00 - back to bed, read, research the day
- 7:20 - use rebounder to 5min song - dance!
- 7:30 - pull on tights and head for a run - with great tunes
- 8:00 - shower, singing / chant time
- 8.15 - dress, clothing (orange), use YlangYlang, jewellery Carnelian
- 8:30 - mantra 1min repeat - eg "I let go of past pain, now I am light"
- 8:45 - head out the door
- 9:00 - arrive at 1st meeting
- throughout the day I am mindful of all that is orange, I work creatively and I am aware of my pelvic floor
- 5:00 - change into yoga gear, take mat to lovely grassy spot and watch my fav YouTube channel.
- Cow Face,
- One-Legged King Pigeon,
- Revolved Triangle,
- Full Boat,
- Half Frog
- 6:00 - Meditate for at least 10 mins. Light a flame meditation candle as the sun goes down and release all the rubbish from the day visually into the flame (or burn some pages from a burn it book - only if your outside)
This is a guide only - life happens. There is always a bit of time after work to be good to yourself!
PS Tues night = movie night
What are Wellness Tools?
Wellness.Tools are products that aspire to inspire resilience. The Wellness Toolshop Est.2018 Brisbane, Australia is an interactive market place where you can workshop local handmade tools unique to your wellness journey.
A well-stocked Wellness Toolbox (see catalogue in LHS menu) can be as important as a First Aid Kit. A Wellness Toolbox (may be someone's pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, filled with happiness and joy to encourage recovery.
This site is a work in progress (eg Toolbox "unboxing" video coming soon). Please take a tour, drop us a line and join us on social media to visit the market stall PLUS our newly discovered products. Refer to the drop down menu above for lots more...